Saturday, October 16, 2021

Photo By David Connel

Today’s Photo Of The Day is “Autumn Mirror” by David Connel. Location: Caddo Lake, Texas/Louisiana border.

“This year I chose a unique ecosystem to photograph fall colors,” explains Connel. “Rather than take the stereotypical photos of fall colors in the mountains, I chose to photograph the swamps and bayous of Caddo Lake. This required miles of kayaking among the cypress trees. By choosing small groups of trees as my subject, I could select the perspective and backdrop in my images. Water current and debris made maneuvering the kayak into the proper position difficult. A big thanks to my wife for all the work she did maneuvering our tandem kayak into the proper position to capture my images. Luckily, each day of paddling brought a different set of clouds to use to highlight the colors of the cypress trees. This day also brought calm waters to make excellent reflections.”

Exposure: 1/125 sec, f/10, ISO 250, 20mm.

Want to get your images in the running for a Photo of the Day feature? Photo of the Day is chosen from various galleries, including AssignmentsGalleries and Contests. Assignments have weekly winners that are featured on the website homepage, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To get your photos in the running, all you have to do is submit them.

The post Photo Of The Day By David Connel appeared first on Outdoor Photographer.



from Outdoor Photographer https://ift.tt/3ARG0Fc

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Pages

About MeHey, this is my blog, so I have to say something about myself. Sometimes it is hard to

Recent Posts